There was a farmer who collected horses; he only needed one more
to complete his collection. One day, he found out that his neighbour
the particular horse breed he needed. So, he constantly bothered his
neighbour until he sold it to him.
A month later, the horse became ill and he called the veterinarian,
- Well, your horse has a virus. He must take this medicine for three
days.. I'll come back on the 3rd day and if he's not better, we're
to have to put him down.
Nearby, the pig listened closely to their conversation.
The next day, they gave him the medicine and left. The pig
the horse and said:
- Be strong, my friend. Get up or else they're going to put you to
On the second day, they gave him the medicine and left. The pig came
back and said:
- Come on buddy, get up or else you're going to die! Come on, I'll
you get up. Let's go! One, two, three...
On the third day, they came to give him the medicine and the vet
- Unfortunately, we're going to have to put him down tomorrow.
Otherwise, the virus might spread and infect the other horses.
After they left, the pig approached the horse and said:
- Listen pal, it's now or never! Get up, come on! Have courage! Come
Get up! Get up! That's it, slowly! Great! Come on, one, two,
Good, good. Now faster, come on.... Fantastic! Run, run more! Yes!
Yes! You did it, you're a champion!!!
All of a sudden, the owner came back, saw the horse running in the
and began shouting:
- It's a miracle! My horse is cured. This deserves a party. Let's
Points for reflection: this often happens in the workplace. Nobody
knows which employee actually deserves the merit of success, or
actually contributing the necessary support to make things happen.
LEARNING TO LIVE WITHOUT RECOGNITION IS A SKILL!
If anyone ever tells you that your work is unprofessional, remember:
amateurs built the Ark and professionals built the Titanic.
DON'T LOOK TO BECOME A PERSON OF SUCCESS, LOOK INSTEAD TO BECOME A PERSON